Thursday, January 8, 2009

When the Doorbell Rang

So right before noon the doorbell rang.  The usual routine of hoisting up the 30 lb. untrained pug and putting her into the laundry room began.  If not, she'll be out the door and I'll get my mile in for the day waving a box of Cheerios in my hand to coax her home.

It was the UPS man in his neatly pressed uniform holding what appeared to be a Giordano's Chicago Style Stuffed Pizza box.  I immediately thought, " Who would send a late Christmas present in a Giordano's box?  What a cruel and unusual sentiment."

I have grown so accustomed to the plethora of college quality pizza establishments in the greater Dallas area including, but not limited to:  Domino's, Papa John's and Pizza Hut.

I bypassed the pleasantries with the brown suited stranger when I discovered that this box needed to be brought into my kitchen and placed into the freezer immediately....and trust me, I befriend everybody.

To clarify:  I do not believe that the monetary denomination of a gift is directly correlated to the amount of love one has in their heart for me.

That being said I do, however; unanimously believe that anyone who sends me a $50 Chicago Style Pizza on dry ice must like me more than others claim to.



No comments:

Post a Comment