Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sharing Smiles One Person At A Time





Mother's Day was wonderful!  I woke up with a smile on my face because I knew it was my big day.  It was going to be filled with chocolate chip pancakes, homemade presents and the above photo shoot at Watters Creek!

I couldn't wait to talk to my 3 Great Grandmas, mother and mother-in-law.  I like to personally thank my mother in law every year for giving birth to Jason so that I could steal him away and marry him.

 I was so excited to put on my sparkly crown titled, "The Queen" that Sophia made me.  I wanted to be wearing it when she woke up because I knew it took a lot of effort to make.

I went upstairs to save Juliet from her crib.  The first thing that I always do when I walk in her room in the morning is wash my hands.  Her bathroom has my favorite soap of all time.  Bath n Body Works Country Apple.  I spend the next two minutes talking to myself about how good it smells. "Yum.  Seriously.  What a way to start my day.  I am a fan of country apple soap.  Yum.  How can this smell so good?"  

I found Sophia engaging in the same ritual over her apple scented leave in conditioner last night.  

I suppose it's the little things...

Which leads me to this message that I received on FaceBook this weekend.

"So I've been reading a book recently called "How We Choose to Be Happy: The 9 Choices of Extremely Happy People", which, by the way, I HIGHLY recommend, and I thought of you.  One part of the book asks the question "who is the happiest person you know?", which for me was surprisingly difficult to answer.  But read more in the book, you suddenly popped into my head.  I don't know you particularly well, but from what I do know and from what I know from your blog you are a person who makes it a point to find joy every day.  I think that is why so many people are drawn to you.  You are a gift to everyone you know - your friends, your family, the little old men that you befriend in doctor's offices.  Thank you Tracy for being you and teaching everyone around you a little more about happiness :)"

To say that I was overwhelmed is an understatement. 

 Julia is the woman that regardless of your placement in her life, dear friend or acquaintance... you shamelessly steal her wisdom.  She is wise, compassionate and serene beyond her years.  A compliment from Julia is weighted heavily in my world.

Julia--thank you again for taking some of your precious free time to make me smile.... inside and out.  And for making me walk around wondering why in the world I derive such pleasure from the scent of my hand soap.  :)

 May your daily glass of chocolate milk always taste like it's the first sip you ever had.   Love, Tracy

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful compliment! I agree, Julia is very wise.

    Beautiful pictures of your sweet girls! Glad you had a happy mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete